Chia seeds are the most amazing and nutritious seeds imaginable. There are so many health benefits packed in these tiny black seeds, and some of those benefits include:
1. Helping with weight loss, and food cravings.
2. Richest plant source of Omega-3 fatty acids, even more than salmon!
3. Help you feel full faster, and longer.
4. Easier to digest than flaxseeds.
5. Stabilizes blood sugar.
You can eat them raw, mixed in juice, or sprinkled on porridge. The main way that I incorporate chia seeds into my diet is by making this gel. So why don't you go make yourself some chia seed gel so that you can quickly add a mega-health-boost to whatever you're eating or drinking.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (I use this brand)
- 2 cups water
In a glass container, add your chia seeds and water. Stir until there are no more clumps. Leave to sit for 5-10 minutes and stir again. Cover and place in fridge where it'll keep for approximately 2 weeks. Add to smoothies, yogurt, jams, or anything else you want to experiment with.
(Thanks to my amazing sister Alaine for teaching me about this incredible gel).