Blueberries have one of the highest antioxidant capacities among all fruits and vegetables. These amazing berries also improve heart health, reduce cancer risk, fight UTIs, and boost brain health.
Just combine these powerful little berries with some healthy fats and omega 3's, and you have yourself a nutritious and delicious way to start off your day!
(this pudding also makes for a fantastic baby food; my 13 month-old loves it.
Just omit or lesson the sweetener, if you can get away with it.) ;)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 2 to 3 tablespoons coconut milk (I use this kind)
- 2 tablespoons Grade b maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia-seed gel
- dash of unrefined sea salt (I like using pink salt)
- optional toppings: fresh blueberries or other fruit, nuts, seeds, avocado slices, or a healthy granola.
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor or high-speed blender, and blend until desired consistency, adding more coconut milk if needed.
2. Serve immediately as is, or with favorite healthy toppings.
Approximately 1-2 servings
(Adapted recipe from here)