This super tasty green smoothie is packed full of many nutrients, antioxidants and healthy fats. It is also super filling, making it a great breakfast or meal replacement.
(Research also shows that compounds in limes, called limonoids, can help fight lung, breast, stomach, colon, skin and mouth cancers!)
Hope you enjoy this cancer-fighting smoothie as much as we do!
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (preferably soaked in filtered water for 2 hours prior, but not required)
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 large handfuls of greens (I like spinach)
- 1 large frozen banana (fresh is fine, but frozen makes it more frosty!)
- splash of pure vanilla extract
- zest of one lime
- drizzle of raw honey, to taste
- optional: 1/4 cup chia seed gel
(optional: omit coconut butter and almond milk, and just use 1 BPA-free canned full-fat coconut milk)
1. Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Makes approximately 2 servings
(Adapted recipe from here)