Ok, brace yourself for this one....
Here we have incredible, gooey brownies that are actually good for you. Nobody will believe you that they're gluten-free, and only sweetened with honey.
I made these scrumptious brownies for Father's Day, and my husband thought I must've broken my 'health' rules to make these taste so legit. Nope, that's why these are so amazing! (Well, I did of course bend a few rules and add some ice cream and chocolate sauce on top. Totally worth it though).
Are you salivating yet?
- 1 cup of creamy roasted almond butter
- 1 egg (preferably from pastured hens)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips. (I like using these).
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and grease an 8x8 square dish with coconut oil.
2. In a medium bowl, blend almond butter until smooth (using a hand mixer, or just a whisk or spoon).
3. Blend in egg, followed by honey and vanilla.
4. Now mix in the cacao powder, salt and baking soda, then fold in the optional chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into prepared dish, and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until middle is set, but tooth pick does not come out completely clean (it'll still taste good over-baked, but you won't have the 'gooey' element).
5. Serve warm as is, or top with a good quality ice cream, and/or chocolate sauce.
Makes about 12 brownies
(Adapted recipe from here)