Researchers at the USDA Human Nutrition Center have ranked blueberries #1 in antioxidant activity when compared to 40 other fresh fruits and vegetables. Additionally, blueberries contain vitamins A and C, zinc, potassium, iron, calcium and magnesium, and are high in fiber and low in calories.
Bananas provide your body with potassium, vitamins A, C and B6, fiber, flavonoids and antioxidants. (You just want to eat them in moderation because they contain fructose, which is harmful to your health when consumed in excessive amounts).
Pair these two beautiful fruits with coconut milk, full of healthy fats and lauric acid (which is known for being antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal), and enjoy yourself a creamy, immune-boosting smoothie!
- 1 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1 BPA-free can full-fat coconut milk (I use this kind)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 10 ice cubes
- optional: dash of Himalayan Pink Salt
1. Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. (If you'd like it a bit thicker, start with half of the can of coconut milk, and add more to desired consistency.)
2. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Approximately 2 servings
(Adapted recipe from here)