Here's a velvety smooth, Vitamin C packed smoothie, that's especially great during the cold and flu season. It gets it's green color from the spinach, it's creaminess from the coconut milk and avocado, and it's sweetness from the freshly squeezed orange juice.
It's definitely a winner.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2 large oranges)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 avocado
- juice of half a lemon
- handful of spinach
1. Place pitted date in a glass bowl. Cover with very hot water, and let sit for 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Add date and all other ingredients to high-speed blender, and blend until very smooth and creamy, making sure that the date and spinach is fully blended up.
3. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Approximately 1-2 servings
(Adapted recipe from here)