Powdered turmeric has been used for centuries to treat a host of illnesses. It is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, a digestive aid, a blood purifier, a wound healer, a skin tonic and much more!
Turmeric however has a slightly bitter taste on it's own, but by blending it with some fruit and healthy fats, you won't even notice it's in there.
So here's a delicious smoothie that has lots of anti-cancerous and anti-infammatory properties. It's a great way to start your day, and pack your body full of antioxidants!
- 1 BPA-free can coconut milk (I use Native Forest)
- 1 cup frozen organic mango (frozen pineapple should work too)
- 2 small frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric (careful, it stains)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon chia-seed gel
- optional: 1 avocado
1. Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Approximately 2 servings
(Adapted recipe from here)