These are life-changing. I mean, seriously. Chewy, flour-less peanut butter cookies sent straight from heaven.
Go make them now, and be amazed.
- 1 cup Creamy Arrowhead Mills Peanut Butter (read here about why I only use this brand), or at least choose an organic unsalted peanut butter
(almond butter should work great in place of the peanut butter too).
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup raw honey (1/4 cup is plenty sweet for me, but I don't like things too sweet).
- 1 egg (preferably from pastured hens)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- optional but preferred: 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the first five ingredients until thick and gooey. Then fold in the chocolate chips if using.
3. Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop batter onto baking sheet.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.
5. Remove the pan from the oven, and allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes (talk about torture). They will firm-up as they rest, so this step is important. Then remove from baking sheet, and let cool on a wire cooling rack.
6. Eat them as is, or freeze for extended shelf-life.
Makes approximately 15-18 cookies
(Adapted recipe from here)