My husband loves queso dip, but I'm not too willing to buy the generic brands for him because of the horrific ingredient content. So I made it my mission to find a healthy queso dip recipe that'd still make my husband's taste buds tickle.
To our surprise, this dairy-free dip is not only delicious and full of B-vitamins, but it tastes so-oo similar to the popular brands out there, but without any of the processed garbage.
So why not serve this at your next party, and smile while you nourish your guests without them even knowing it!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in filtered water for 4 hours (no longer), and drain.
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- juice of half a lemon (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles (I use this kind)
1. In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine the first six ingredients, plus just the liquid from the can of diced tomatoes (about 1/4 cup of liquid).
2. Blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and add in the can of diced tomatoes (start with half the can, and add more if you like it extra 'tomatoey').
4. Store covered in fridge until ready to serve. Just before serving, warm up in a small saucepan to make it more authentic tasting.
5. Serve with organic tortilla chips and/or fresh sliced veggies.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups
(Adapted recipe from here)