I get extra excited when Autumn rolls around mostly for one reason, pumpkins! I love all things pumpkin, (except traditional pies, because I'm not a fan of the crust). This healthy, crustless pumpkin pie clafoutis is my favorite fall treat! You can even eat this for breakfast, as a tasty snack, or dolled up with some honey-sweetened whipped cream for a festive dessert.
I love this, my toddler loves this, my husband loves it, and you're gonna love it too!
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter (I like this kind; or you could try coconut oil or ghee for a dairy-free option)
- 1/2 cup raw honey, or more to taste
- 4 eggs, preferably from pastured chickens
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt, milk kefir (or use full-fat coconut milk for a dairy-free option)
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and butter an 8x8 baking dish.
2. Melt the butter in a small pot over low heat. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly before combining it with the other ingredients.
3. Blend together all ingredients in a blender, (taste testing, and adding more honey if it's not sweet enough for you).
4. Pour mixture into prepared dish, and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until center is set.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Transfer to fridge. (It's definitely best served cold, but it's still delicious warm).
*Please note: If you substitute all coconut products for the dairy, you might want to add a bit more spices, as the coconut flavor may mute them.
Approximately 6-9 servings
(Adapted recipe from here)