One pan meals are my favorite, and especially when they can be eating for any meal of the day.
Brussels sprouts don't seem to be a favorite among many, which is a pity since they're so nutrient dense, but incorporating them with sweet potatoes, eggs and bacon, this is bound to be loved by all! My husband and daughter gave it two big thumbs up, so I knew that I had to quickly share it with you.
Hope you enjoy! :)
- 8 oz. organic nitrate-free bacon (such as this kind)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 cups peeled and cubed sweet potato (about 1 very large one)
- Brussels sprouts (approximately a double handful, or 12 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 eggs (preferably from pastured hens)
1. Slice bacon into 1-inch pieces, add to a large skillet, and turn heat to medium. Cook until done, about 10 minutes, then scoop out with a slotted spoon and placed on a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
2. Drain bacon grease, then add coconut oil to same pan, and turn to medium-low heat. Add the sweet potatoes, stirring occasionally, and cook for about 15 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
3. Remove any brown leaves on the Brussels sprouts, slice in a vertical half, then wash. Turn heat to medium and add the Brussels sprouts, paprika and salt, stirring gently to coat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, and adding more oil if pan seems too dry.
4. Gently add bacon back in.
5. Carefully crack desired amount of eggs on top, and sprinkle with pepper. Turn heat to low, cover, and allow to cook until the whites are done, but yolks are runny, about 5 minutes.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Approximately 2-4 servings
(Adapted recipe from here)