I made these waffles awhile back, but there was just no time to stop to take a photo. I snarfed them up way too fast. I knew that I had to bring them back for a special Valentine's breakfast, and they were once again a big hit. The macadamia nuts add a high protein and scrumptious twist to this breakfast classic. Yum!
- 6 eggs (preferably from pastured hens)
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup coconut milk (I use this kind)
- 6 tablespoons Grade-B maple syrup, or raw honey
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 6 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat waffle iron to medium setting.
2. Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender, (placing liquids on bottom for easier blending).
3. Blend for about 1 minute, or until completely smooth.
4. Spoon the batter into a greased waffle iron, spreading evenly over the mold, and allow to cook. (They cook up fast).
5. Serve warm with good quality butter and Grade-B maple syrup.
Serves approximately 3-6 people (depending on how hardy your appetite is)
(Adapted recipe from here)