I've been obsessed lately with Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Powders. It's an easily digestible protein powder, with 20 grams of gut-friendly protein per serving. No added nonsense, and free of gluten, dairy, soy, grains, and nuts. It also promotes joint comfort, bone health, detoxification, and healthy skin, hair & nails! Talk about awesome!
This protein powder is the shining star of this delicious protein smoothie, however, the wonderfully unexpected ingredient in this one is zucchini! Zucchini's are high in nutrients (including a hefty dose of vitamin C), and are low in calories, so it's the perfect addition to this powerhouse smoothie. It also lends the creamiest texture.
I could go on and on about the other amazing ingredients in this smoothie, but...lets just get to the details. ;)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen organic blueberries
- 5 inch chunk of a medium-sized zucchini, roughly sliced
- 1 BPA-free can, full-fat coconut milk (I like this kind)
- 1 scoop Chocolate Bone Broth Protein
- spoonful of raw almond butter (best if sprouted)
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 1/4 cup chia-seed gel
- large handful of spinach, or greens of choice
1. If date is not really soft, soak in boiling water for a few minutes before adding.
2. Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Approximately 2-3 servings