Peppermint has a wide variety of health benefits, from muscle pain relief to reducing hay fever. One of the main reasons I love it, besides it's refreshing aroma and taste, is it's ability to soothe stomach discomforts and aid with congestion.
Mix that in with some healthy fats, potassium-filled bananas, power-house greens and antioxidant-rich chocolate, this nutritious and delicious smoothie will surely be enjoyed during your high times in health, or your low ones.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 BPA-free can coconut milk (I use Native Forest)
- 3/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- large handful spinach
- few ice cubes
- dark chocolate pieces or Enjoy life chocolate chips (to taste)
- optional: 1/4 cup chia-seed gel
1. Place all ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Now stir in desired amount of chocolate chips, or just sprinkle individual servings.
3. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Approximately 2-3 servings