This decadent and incredibly creamy smoothie is loaded with essential fats (which we should all know by now that a high-fat diet is healthier than a low-fat diet). Just throw in your favorite immune regulating leafy greens, and this becomes one nutrient packed, and very filling smoothie.
(And who am I kidding, you can't really slurp this one through a straw. You'll probably want a nice big spoon. ;)
- 1 cup frozen organic tropical fruit blend (I use a mix of pineapple, mango and papayas)
- half of an avocado
- 1 ripe or frozen banana (or just a good drizzle of honey)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (optional but preferred)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- dash of Himalayan pink salt (or other unrefined sea salt)
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk (from a BPA-free can or carton, and add more or less depending on how thick you like it)
- 1 large handful of kale, spinach, or other green
- 1 small handful of ice cubes
*note: If you want this extra creamy and almost resembling soft serve ice cream, use a frozen banana, and chill your can of coconut milk ahead of time. Yum.
1. Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Serve immediately, and enjoy being full and satisfied for a good while!
Approximately 2-4 servings