Since moving back to the states, Costco has been my supplier of scrumptious varieties of frozen organic berries. The other day they had a bag of organic mango chunks and I snatched them up in a jiffy, knowing that they'd make a yummy smoothie. I also prefer my smoothies extra thick and creamy, so that's what I've created here. With a generous amount of healthy fats, this green coconut mango smoothie will surely satisfy!
- 1 1/2 cups frozen organic mango chunks
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 full-fat (BPA-free) canned coconut milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- dash of pink himalayan sea salt
- handful of organic spinach
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 to 3 ice cubes
- optional: 1/4 cup chia seed gel
- optional: unsweetened shredded coconut for garnish
1. Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. (Mangos can leave little fibers in your smoothie, so I blend extra long for this one to avoid that).
Approximately 2 servings