In addition to having a high vitamin A content, carrots can help reduce your risk of heart disease and cancer, as well as improving brain health, vision and liver function. Also, the calcium, magnesium and phosphorus in carrots help build strong bones and a healthy nervous system. Pretty awesome!
This healthy and delicious Carrot Ginger Almond smoothie is so light and refreshing, and is the perfect way to rejuvenate your day!
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 5 medium organic carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2-inch chuck ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/8 cup chia-seed gel, recipe here
- heaping spoonful almond butter
1. Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. (Taste test and add any additional bananas if you'd like it sweeter, or ginger if you'd like more of a kick).
2. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Approximately 2 servings
(Please note: Whole carrots are typically the much better way to go, because not only are baby carrots more expensive than whole carrots, but most are given a chlorine bath to prolong shelf life. Ew. So if you plan on eating baby carrots, please wash them in warm water to reduce the chlorine..)