Pumpkin seeds are an incredible source of iron, zinc, magnesium and protein. Pair that with nutrient packed sunflower seeds, chia seeds, coconut and autumn spices, and you have the best granola ever!
It's even nut and grain free, making this pumpkin granola great for everyone. It's a delicious and nutritious, low-glycemic treat, that'll definitely tickle your taste buds.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (preferably soaked and dehydrated)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (preferably soaked and dehydrated)
- 2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut (I use this kind)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 4 tablespoons Grade-B maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (I use this kind)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup raisins
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the pumpkin, sunflower and chia seeds in a food processor, and pulse just enough to break down the seeds into a chunky texture.
3. Transfer the seeds to a medium sized bowl, and mix in the shredded coconut, coconut oil, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir until well coated, then transfer to prepared baking sheet, and spread out mixture evenly.
4. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, stirring half-way through, until nice and golden, but not burned.
5. Remove granola from oven, and allow to cool before stirring in the raisins.
6. Store in an airtight container, and enjoy! (I love mine with homemade almond milk, or sprinkled on top of this pumpkin smoothie).
Makes about 4 cups
(Adapted recipe from here)