This smoothie gets the antioxidants from the cherries, the protein from the protein powder and nut butter, the healthy fats from the coconut milk and avocado, and the omega 3's from the chia-seeds. But, this smoothie is basically a healthy milkshake; it's that good! It's nutritious, balancing, and insanely delicious and satisfying.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen organic cherries (I buy mine from Costco)
- 2 ripened bananas
- 1 small avocado
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I like this kind)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of almond or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chia-seed gel (recipe here)
- 1 BPA-free canned coconut milk (I like this kind)
- handful of spinach or other greens
- Optional: handful of ice cubes
1. Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Approximately 2-3 servings