I find myself craving smoothies most of my mornings, because it's a quick and easy way to get a lot of nutrients in at the beginning of my day. This smoothie is especially wonderful because it's full of plenty of healthy fats and nutrients, making it a great smoothie to satisfy and sustain you all morning long. It might seem odd to add sour cream to your smoothie, but it brings out the sweetness, adds to the creamy texture, and gives you more healthy fats and probiotics!
I love that I can enjoy some organic, antioxidant-rich berries all year round with this one too! It's definitely a favorite of mine.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen organic mixed berries (I buy the Organic Triple Berry Blend at Costco)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 BPA-free can coconut milk (I use Native Forest)
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup chia-seed gel
- large handful spinach
1. Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Serve immediately and enjoy!