As the clouds rolled in today, and the rain began to fall, I just wanted a milkshake... Well something similarly thick and indulgent, yet made with real and nourishing ingredients of course!
The Sunbutter is the star in this smoothie! It's a tasty, high-protein and nut-free option for those that can't enjoy peanut or other nut butters.
The added fruit gives the 'jelly' element, making this a deliciously fun treat for you and your kids!
- 1/4 cup Sunbutter (peanut butter would also be delicious)
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cups frozen organic strawberries
- dash of unrefined sea or pink salt
- optional: 1/4 cup chia-seed gel
1. Place dates in a small glass bowl, and cover with very hot or boiling water. Let sit for 10 minutes, then drain.
2. Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy, (adding more or less almond milk to desired consistency).
3. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Approximately 2-4 servings
(Adapted recipe from here)