Tender pieces of chicken, fresh vegetables, herbs and spices is what makes this soup healing, detoxifying, and immune boosting.
If I ever feel a sickness coming on, or just want to make my body scream with joy, this is my go-to soup!
Oh, and it tastes divine. :)
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs organic chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut or olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
1. Trim any excess fat off of the chicken, place in a large skillet, cover with water, sprinkle with salt, and turn to high heat. Once it reaches a boil, turn down to a simmer, partially cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat, cover, and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, add oil to a large stockpot and turn to medium heat. Add the onions, celery, ginger and garlic, and sauté for 5-6 minutes to soften.
3. Add the broth, carrots, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then turn to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Refer to step 1, and remove chicken with tongs, and place on a cutting board, allowing to cool for 5 minutes before shredding. Shred the chicken (I use two forks), and carefully place in the stock pot.
5. Add the broccoli, peas and parsley and continue cooking until broccoli is barely fork tender, about 10 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Approximately 6-8 servings
(Adapted recipe from here)