My 2-year-old isn't a fan of vegetables... and so I'm constantly disguising them in his food each day. Smoothies are such an easy and delicious way to practice this, which is what inspired this particular smoothie. It's nicely sweet, but also has a good dose of vegetables and healthy fats.
Such a great smoothie, and for all ages too!
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 inch chunk of ginger, peeled, and roughly chopped
- 1 small cucumber
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 avocado
- handful of ice cubes
- optional: drizzle of raw honey (add only if you'd like it extra sweet)
1. Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Approximately 2 servings