Slow-cookers are the best. Am I right? Or am I right?
This is a delicious, comforting meal that doesn't come much easier! My husband and kids are especially thrilled when this is on the menu!
Hope you enjoy the first slow-cooker recipe to grace my blog. :)
- 8 organic chicken thighs
- 6 red potatoes, cubed
- 6 large carrots, peeled and cut into match-sticks
- 12 oz. green beans
- optional: parsley for garnish
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup good quality ketchup (such as this)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- dash of red pepper flakes
1. In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients, and stir to combine. Set aside.
2. Prepare potatoes and carrots and put into slow-cooker. Place chicken thighs on top.
3. Pour sauce over top, cover, and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours. (I prefer the slower option though).
4. Gently stir in green beans during the last hour of cooking.
5. Serve with optional parsley on top, and add any additional salt if needed.
Please note: It is best to purchase a lead-free slow-cooker. Not all are labelled, and so click here if you'd like to find out if yours is contaminated or not.
(Adapted recipe from here)