(Please note: All of these recipes are 100% gluten-free, 100% guilt-free, and 100% delicious)

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cauliflower Soup


My mom first made this soup for me a couple of years ago, and I love it now just as much as I loved it then.  You'd never guess that it's a simple 5-ingredient soup that can be prepared in under 20 minutes.  Full of nutrients, this creamy soup will please even the pickiest of eaters.  Last night as my husband was gulping it down, he said the following, "this soup really is amazing!"  

I love that man.




INGREDIENTS:

- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (about 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt)
-optional: handful of spinach


DIRECTIONS:

1.  Wash, dry and cut up cauliflower, and place in a medium pot.  Add water, and a dash of salt.  Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and steam until cauliflower is fork tender.  

2.  Carefully pour water and cauliflower into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.  

3.  Add coconut oil, salt and pepper, and blend again.  Soup should be velvety smooth.  

4.  Serve as is, or stir in handful of spinach.  Enjoy!


Approximately 3 servings

















4 comments:

  1. This was delicious! The kids said, "I don't like this, I love it!" :) Can't wait to try it with other veggies. I used leftover chicken broth instead of water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I love that! So glad it was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had this for dinner last night. It was so easy and SO good. I'm not a big cauliflower person but this was a great way to incorporate it in to our diet. Abby said she didn't like it but I think that is just because it is new. Charlotte gobbled it up. Keep up the great work Becky!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it was 'mostly' a hit! Hazel usually gobbles up my recipes, but some days she doesn't. I think that is a toddler with anything really. You'll have to let me know if she changes her mind next time though.

    ReplyDelete