(Please note: All of these recipes are 100% gluten-free, 100% guilt-free, and 100% delicious)

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sweet Potato Fries with Curried Dip


I always have sweet potatoes on hand, because of their shelf life, flexibility with cooking, and because they're ridiculously healthy.  Sweet potatoes are high in vitamins B6 and C, as well as being very high in iron, magnesium and much much more.

Making fries is a great way to incorporate sweet potatoes into your diet.  My four and one-year-old gobble these up faster than lighting, and I just love that it's such a great alternative to modern-day french fries.  

Just dip them into a divine curried dip, and voila, you have a healthy lunch in a flash!

Happy kids, happy tummies, happy momma!





INGREDIENTS:

- 1 medium organic sweet potato
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (or less) black pepper

Curried Dip:

- 1/4 cup good quality mayonnaise (homemade is best, or this kind)
 -1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon raw honey

* Mix together ingredients, and refrigerate until ready to use.




DIRECTIONS:

1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. Peel sweet potatoes, and carefully cut into fry sticks, about 1/2 inch thick, and place on baking sheet.

3.  Drizzle coconut oil over tops, and season with salt and pepper.  Mix (I use my clean hands), then arrange pieces on baking sheet, being cautious not to let them touch.

4.  Place in oven, bake for 10 minutes, stir, then allow to bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until done.

5.  Let cool a couple minutes, then serve with curried dip, or good quality ketchup, and enjoy!


Approximately 1 serving (I usually double this recipe to feed my 2 kids and myself)













2 comments:

  1. We love sweet potato fries!! Just last night Jeff said I would take your homemade sweet potato fries over any other fry from anywhere! I've never used coconut oil so I'm excited at try that along with the sauce you posted! We started just leaving the peel for simplicity and nutrition and can hardly tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea to just leave the skins on! I'll definitely try that next time. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete