(Please note: All of these recipes are 100% gluten-free, 100% guilt-free, and 100% delicious)

Friday, March 14, 2014

Basic Green Salad


My daughter and I eat a salad nearly every day for lunch, (and it amazes me that a 3-year-old requests this on a daily basis too)!  I've never thought about putting this on here, since it's such a simple, throw-together type meal, but I've had a few requests to do so, and I don't want to let anyone down. ;)

I always try to buy fresh organic produce to make my salads, and my goal is to make it as colorful as possible, using a variety of beautiful and crunchy vegetables.

(Also, healthy fats and/or proteins are essential in this if you want your salad to satisfy and sustain you.)




FOR THE SALAD:
(I aways include an avocado to my salads, and/or raw cheese and/or a soft boiled egg)


- Any favorite salad greens ( I usually use romaine, or a spring mix), roughly chopped
- carrots
- red, yellow, or orange peppers
- cherry tomatoes
- cucumbers
- avocado
- soft boiled egg (boiled for no longer than 3 minutes)

*I'll let you decide on your measurements, and add or make changes as desired.  :)



FOR THE DRESSING

- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- balsamic or apple cider vinegar (I prefer balsamic for this though), to taste
- sea salt, to taste



DIRECTIONS:

1. Assemble salad as desired, and drizzle a good portion of olive oil and vinegar on top.  Season with sea salt and nutritional yeast flakes, and devour!













1 comment:

  1. Sounds like one of my favorite salads too. I'll have to try the yeast flakes. I never thought of that. Thanks for humoring me with the salad post. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete